026: Opening Windows of Opportunity Through Employment Training – Matthew Aspegren (10ThousandWindows)
Welcome to the IN PLAIN SIGHT Podcast, a podcast to end human trafficking. Each week, we hear from a leader who will inspire you and educate you in your work to end human trafficking around the globe. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a single episode.
WHERE TO SUBSCRIBE
While you can always find the latest episodes on this page, we highly recommend subscribing on Stitcher (Android or iPhone) or on the Podcast app for your iPhone, or in iTunes. (Search “In Plain Sight” on Stitcher or the iTunes Podcast app, and you’ll find the show.)
Matthew Aspegren (10ThousandWindows)
Matt is the co-founder and CEO of 10ThousandWindows, a non-profit focused on opening 10,000 windows of life-changing opportunity to survivors of violence and exploitation – currently focused on the Philippines. After living in the country for five years, he completely nationalized the first 10ThousandWindows office in May of 2014 and moved back to New York City to continue expanding the work.
As you listen, you’ll have the opportunity to learn:
- Why 10ThousandWindows chooses not to offer micro loans.
- Why employment needs to be safe, sustainable, and gainful.
- How the organization helps meet the needs of local businesses by providing employment training to survivors of trafficking.
10KW on Facebook
10KW on Twitter
Theory of Change (pdf)
Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth by Richard Foster
The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done by Peter Drucker
LEAVE A PODCAST REVIEW ON ITUNES
1. Go to our iTunes preview page.
2. Click on “View in iTunes” on the left side of the page.
3. As you’re looking at our page in iTunes, click on “Ratings and Reviews”.
4. Feel free to leave a review. If you leave a five-star review, we’ll be sure to thank you by name on an upcoming podcast.