023: How SafeNight Leverages Technology to Temporarily House a Survivor – Marnie Webb (Caravan Studios)
Welcome to the IN PLAIN SIGHT Podcast, a podcast to end human trafficking. Each week, we hear from a leader who will inspire you and educate you in your work to end human trafficking around the globe. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a single episode.
WHERE TO SUBSCRIBE
While you can always find the latest episodes on this page, we highly recommend subscribing on Stitcher (Android or iPhone) or on the Podcast app for your iPhone, or in iTunes. (Search “In Plain Sight” on Stitcher or the iTunes Podcast app, and you’ll find the show.)
Marnie Webb (Caravan Studios)
Marnie is CEO of Caravan Studios, which utilizes technology intervention to allow communities to respond to the issues they care about most. Marnie has been named one of the Top 10 Silicon Valley Influencers by San Jose Mercury News. Recently, Caravan Studios launched SafeNight, an app that alerts and allows individual donors to fund hotel rooms when domestic violence shelters are full.
As you listen, you’ll have the opportunity to learn:
- What SafeNight is and how it works.
- How a case manager is key to the entire process.
- How your organization could benefit from SafeNight.
SafeNight app (iPhone)
SafeNight app (Android)
CS on Facebook
CS on Twitter
MW on Twitter
Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman by Yvon Chouinard
A Death in Brazil: A Book of Omissions by Peter Robb
LEAVE A PODCAST REVIEW ON ITUNES
1. Go to our iTunes preview page.
2. Click on “View in iTunes” on the left side of the page.
3. As you’re looking at our page in iTunes, click on “Ratings and Reviews”.
4. Feel free to leave a review. If you leave a five-star review, we’ll be sure to thank you by name on an upcoming podcast.