008: “Preventing Children From Entering Foster Care” with Kelsey Galaway (Safe Families for Children)
Welcome to the IN PLAIN SIGHT Podcast, a podcast to end human trafficking. Each week, we hear from a leader who will inspire you and educate you in your work to end human trafficking around the globe. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a single episode.
WHERE TO SUBSCRIBE
While you can always find the latest episodes on this page, we highly recommend subscribing on Stitcher (Android or iPhone) or on the Podcast app for your iPhone, or in iTunes. (Search “In Plain Sight” on Stitcher or the iTunes Podcast app, and you’ll find the show.)
Kelsey Galaway (Safe Families for Children)
Kelsey Galaway is the Executive Director of Kwagala Project, an international organization that rescues and provides aftercare to survivors of human trafficking. From 2010-2013, she lived and worked in Uganda directing and developing 2 residential aftercare homes. Domestically, Kelsey is working with Safe Families for Children to expand the current scope of the organization’s programs to include at-risk youth and survivors of human trafficking.
As you listen, you’ll have the opportunity to learn:
- Why foster care can be a challenging experience for children.
- How Safe Families is preventing children from entering foster care.
- How your church or family can become a safe family.
Safe Families for Children
Become a Safe Family Church
Become a Safe Family Volunteer
IN PLAIN SIGHT: Hymns of Hope and Freedom – Digital Music Album
IN PLAIN SIGHT: Stories of Hope and Freedom – Streaming on iTunes
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
1. Go to our iTunes preview page.
2. Click on “View in iTunes” on the left side of the page.
3. As you’re looking at our page in iTunes, click on “Ratings and Reviews”.
4. Feel free to leave a review. If you leave a five-star review, we’ll be sure to thank you by name on an upcoming podcast.
a Rafflecopter giveaway