004: “Using Concerts to Raise Money and Awareness of Modern-Day Slavery” with Songs Against Slavery
Welcome to the IN PLAIN SIGHT Podcast, a podcast to end human trafficking. Each week, we hear from a leader who will inspire you and educate you in your work to end human trafficking around the globe. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a single episode.
WHERE TO SUBSCRIBE
While you can always find the latest episodes on this page, we highly recommend subscribing on Stitcher (Android or iPhone) or on the Podcast app for your iPhone, or in iTunes. (Search “In Plain Sight” on Stitcher or the iTunes Podcast app, and you’ll find the show.)
Grace Theisen & Lauren Lancaster (Co-founders – Songs Against Slavery)
After becoming aware of modern slavery during their freshman year in college, they wanted to do something to raise awareness of the issue and support anti-trafficking organizations. Since 2011, they have organized 12 benefit concerts and raised over $30,000 for nonprofits in the United States.
As you listen, you’ll have the opportunity to learn:
- How Grace and Lauren got started.
- What they’ve learned by putting on concerts in various venues.
- The basic steps to hosting your own concert.
- The importance of flexibility and grace.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
1. Go to our iTunes preview page.
2. Click on “View in iTunes” on the left side of the page.
3. As you’re looking at our page in iTunes, click on “Ratings and Reviews”.
4. Feel free to leave a review. If you leave a five-star review, we’ll be sure to thank you by name on an upcoming podcast.
ENDcrowd is fighting to end modern day slavery, harnessing the power of the crowd (that’s you and me) to raise funds for innovative projects that combat slavery in a variety of ways, and they currently have six projects they are inviting us to crowd fund. Watch the videos at Endcrowd.com.